Thursday, August 2, 2007

Comment from Jack Lynch

Thanks to the students at Stern who've started this blog -- Lana Schwebel was one of my closest friends for fourteen years, since we started graduate school together in 1993. She was one of the quickest wits, best teachers, and liveliest people I've been lucky enough to know, and I'm glad to see her students appreciate her. I've been in touch with a few of her friends about finding some more lasting way of memorializing her, probably through Stern, and will be grateful if anyone has suggestions on an appropriate tribute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! I am one of Dr. Schwebel's students from Stern. She taught me English and Latin and I was the only student in her Latin class.

I was thinking that a really nice way to do something lasting in her memory would be some sort of a journal or publication in her honor. This way, it would also keep the flavor of who she was.I know this idea has been floating around among various people but I'd really, really like it to happen. I think it's such a great idea and one that Lana would probably love (having a journal, I mean. I don't know if she'd have been crazy about it being in her honor, but then again, that would be the point of it).

I also feel that something like that would be doing something positive and constructive in light of a devastating situation.