Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Memory

Tragedy is an ambiguous phenomenon-it devestates you, it drains you, it depresses you, but it also inspires you, and that is when you prevent tragedy from defeating you.Dr. Schwebel was always urging her students to live life to its fullest- take challenges, learn new things, explore the world. The idea that pains me the most is the irony in all of this: I don't understand how someone who loved life more than anybody had her life taken away from her! But I guess you can't find answers to everything, and that is part of the challenge that Dr. Schwebel pushed us to overcome. She would tell us that life is full of challenges, yet you should view them as opportunities rather than obstacles.I really love Dr. Schwebel, and the lessons that she taught me will remain in my heart forever. I ask that each person takes a piece of Dr. Schwebel and carries that piece throughout his or her entire life. Therefore, the memory of Dr. Schwebel will never fade, and her impact on the world will never be forgotten.

No comments: